Preheat oven to 375.
- 2 packages cinnamon graham crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter melted
- Crush the graham crackers fine or course, whatever you prefer. Stir in the melted butter and sugar. Press the crust into the bottom and sides of pie pan, reserving about 3/4 of a cup for top.
- Bake for 5 minutes to set.
- 12 oz Original Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 1/3 a stick of butter
- A pinch of cream of tartar
- Soften the cream cheese for about an hour. Mix the 3 egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Add the cream cheese and stir well. Add the oftener butter and stir in. Set aside.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar with electric mixer. Form stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Don’t over stir, it’s ok to be lumpy.
- Pour over the crust and spread with a knife.
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 375.
- Turn the heat down to 350. Bake about 35 more minutes.
- Pull out, spread the topping across the top. Finishing cooking for five minutes; it’s done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
*Mom’s cheesecake had more sugar; this recipe reduces the sugar by about 25%.