Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, most industries are faced with uncertainty. As a business owner, you might be unsure how to proceed. Your customers are probably feeling the same way. Keep your audience informed and up to date through your digital presence. Read below for COVID-19 digital marketing insights that the team at Ideagility compiled with business owners in mind.
Your business messaging may need to shift during this time to meet your customer’s new needs that COVID-19 presents. Write clear and concise messaging about your current business practices and keep it consistent across all platforms. Outlining your business changes allows your audience to stay engaged with your business, even when faced with uncertainty.
- Website: Our team recommends that you create a dedicated COVID-19 page. Acknowledge the unprecedented situation, the precautionary measures your business is taking and any changes in your day to day business. Update existing pages with up to date information to keep your messaging clear and accessible.
- Email: Keep your business top of mind with email. Leverage the email list you have by providing updates and support during this uncertain time. Email is a cost-effective way to establish trust among your audience.
- Local Business Listing: Check on your Google My Business Listings to make sure all of the information accurately reflects your business changes. Elements to look out for are:
- Business hours
- Delivery options
- New best practices
- Preventative measures
- Event, Product & Services Updates: Remember to keep your audience up to date about changes in your product and service availability. This is important for large changes but also for small procedural changes as well. If you host events, let your audience know about cancellations, postponements, webinars and any new dates.
Re-evaluate the time and money that you allocate to your digital marketing efforts. The current business landscape is unprecedented. Your digital marketing strategy needs to reflect that. Considering your industry, it may be a good idea to invest more into pay-per-click or pull back and re-allocate to website updates.
- Paid Search: Demand is down for many industries except for essential products and services. Low competition can be good news for your pay-per-click efforts. While competition is pulling back, it may be easier and faster for you to gain market share.
- Organic Search: While traffic and conversions are declining in most industries, you may be able to use the current landscape to your advantage. Use this time to go in-depth with your SEO efforts to consistently rank in organic searches.
Ideagility is a team of results-oriented marketers. We value transparency with flat fee billing and regular reporting. Small and medium-sized businesses turn to us to create success. Our team takes the confusion out of digital marketing. Contact us for more information about personalized COVID-19 strategies. Request a free consultation. We’d love to customize a comprehensive digital marking plan that meets your goals during this uncertain time.
Photo by: istockphoto.com/zubada