Local reviews have been digitally relevant since the early 2000’s. Over the years, they have continuously grown more essential to the digital reputation of your local business. Consumers love reviews. They make decisions based on them every day. A business with reviews stands out. Of course, the value of online reviews goes further than that. Reviews provide both direct and indirect benefits. Online rankings, engagement and consumer decision making are all affected by local reviews.
Google, Yelp, Facebook and many others provide review platforms. However, Google is the most widely relevant platform. With the increase of available information on Google My Business pages, consumers don’t need to click through to your website. They often contact businesses directly based on information available in their search results. Give consumers not only what they want but what they expect.
- Consumers trust reviews. According to a 2017 Podium survey, “93% of consumers say online reviews impact purchase decisions.” Your customers are some of your best business advocates. Consumers highly value their opinions.
- Local reviews affect your overall online visibility. According to the Moz 2018 Local Search Ranking Factors Survey, reviews now account for 15% of Google’s ranking decisions. 15% is a huge piece of the online visibility pie. Focus on reviews to increase your online rankings.
- Online reviews make direct conversions. At the end of the day, your goal is to generate business. That’s exactly what online reviews accomplish. When making quick decisions, reviews alone often determine consumer behavior. It’s essential to provide the information that creates direct conversions – local reviews.
At this point, you may be thinking, “Ok, online reviews seem great but how do I get more?” That’s simple, just ask! As long as you’re following ethical practices, Google is happy for business owners to ask for reviews.
- Let our team of business savvy marketers walk you through the review management process. With our Go Get Reviews program, we’ll be able to email and text your customers directly. This process streamlines online review management in an ethical way.
- Simply ask for reviews and follow up regularly. It goes a long way. On the Google platform, it’s not appropriate to incentivize customers to review. Instead, reward employees who consistently ask for reviews. Include your review link in email signatures and printed handouts. Provide review information anywhere and everywhere you can. A consistent stream of recent reviews is key.
- Respond to reviews. It’s a great opportunity to thank your customers directly. It also increases engagement with your Google My Business page, as reviewers are notified when the business responds.
Ideagility is a team of results-oriented marketers. We value transparency with flat fee billing you can count on. Small and medium size businesses turn to us to create success. Our team takes the confusion out of digital marketing. When you need ethical review management services, contact us. Request a free consultation. We’d love to customize a comprehensive digital marking plan that meets your goals